Tuesday, September 17, 2013


Week 24:

Sorry to leave with a cliffhanger last week everyone.  I'm sure you all lost a lot of sleep over it. Sarcasm.  Anyway I was correct, our district got obliterated, but in the best of ways.  So Elder Beals, Elder Kelly, and Sister corn are moving out.  Elder Beals is going to another area in Moscow, Elder Kelly, everyone's favorite white rapper from provo, is heading for the international where all the fresh African members and some Americans meet, and Sister Koocherook our Russian sister is going to Zgrad.  I don't know if any of you remember elder kreiger from the MTC, but he is coming to be companions with Beauchemin, which I am crazy excited about.  Sister Hunter, another Sister who was in the MTC one group ahead of me is coming to be with sister Gail.  I'm staying here too, but I'm going to be training a russian guy, woo.  When  president told me that it was like christmas.  When people have been asking me my ideal transfer that's what I've been telling them, couldn't be more perfect.  I kind of helped it along though, been dropping hints like a ninja whenever I'm around zoneleaders, AP's, and the president.  Never directly relating to what I wanted, but just to plant the seed.  When president called me he was like, "well we are going to ask you to train the new Russian, and we want you and him to establish an environment of speaking good Russian in the area so the members trust you, and I know your Russian is good, at least I've heard it's good... blah blah other president stuff."  But when I heard that I was like dag, thank goodness for rumors because that aint the truth.  It's about to get better though because this man don't speak no English, YES.  So excited to have to speak russian all the time, native companions is good.  Gonna be crazy hard though, plus he's probably gonna think I'm a дурак (idiot), also he's 25.  But I'm his father and he best recognize.  I think the president gets his kicks on making me live with old men who don't speak english, cuz this is the second time in a month.  Anyway that's the biggest news, I'm pregnant, I haven't slept for a week thinking about it, kinda scurred.  This past week they shipped the Armenian to Lipitsk and out of my life, and he took my heart with him, not to be dramatic.  We miss that guy, me and elder Beals both.  But we hear that he is doing really well down in Lipitsk and we are really happy about that.  This week our changed focus didn't turn out in a lot of lessons, but the way we worked was so much better, we actually felt like missionaries.  We tried swinging by inactive members for a certain amount of time one day, turns out in Moscow it's kind of impossible.  Took us like 3 hours to visit two people, and one dom we couldn't even get into and the other the guy had moved.  But now at least we know what not to do.   Had a cool lesson with a Japanese guy, we went to his place and he had tea all set up for us (herbal cuz he knows about mormons), and classical music playing and it was awesome.  First lesson at someones place.  He is a cool guy, got a lot of friends back in Japan who are in the church, seems pretty lonely here in Russia. Oh, we had culture night round 2, but this one was more of a shotgun culture night, since we didn't have time to plan we just bought russian cartoons and slept over at the other elders' place and watched them.  It was crazy fun, russian cartoons are weird, but I highly recommend Маша и Медведь,  excellent program that teaches children to be friends with dangerous animals like bears.  Good times this week, looking forward to next week.  Things are about to get crazy here, should have some stories next time, stay tuned.  Thanks for the letters mom and Gma, they keep me alive.  Hope all is well in 'Murrica, I'll catch you guys next week.   







No comments:

Post a Comment