Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 27:

Hey errybody.  This week was a pretty weird one.  I feel like that's what I say every week.  We had 2 splits, one with the dl and one with the zls.  Splits are basically sleepovers on the mish and then we get to work with someone else for a day.    Was really fun, but I missed my special boy.  Plus when we go on splits with our bros we end up laying in bed talking till like 3 am, and then we have to wake up at 6:30 still, and work till 9 on three and a half hours of sleep.  Had splitsies with Beauchemin which is always a fun time, and then after that with Elder Steel, a Canadian guy who dresses fresh as heck.  When he contacts people he turns on so much swag it almost seems like he's drunk, which Russians respond well to.  When I was with Steel though I got crazy sick, which didn't make sense because I hadn't eaten anything sketchy all week.  Suffice it to say I was fighting a war on two fronts while we were together, and losing.  When we have such symptoms in Russia, only one thing comes to mind... WORM.  After a day of my body being completely emptied of all nutrients however, it seemed to stop, so I don't think there is anything taking residence inside me at the moment.  I'll investigate further if I have more problems.  Anyway that made things more complicated, but we still did work.  Found 8 peeps in like 2 hours who are interested in meeting up or coming to church. YA.  Also we meet with one of the only stake presidents in Russia, super funny guy.  I asked him where a good banya was and he was telling me and then I was like hey, could you write the name of that down for me.  He looked at me and he was just like, brother, lets just go together.  So hopefully sometime soon I'll get to chill nakies with the stake pres and all his russian buddies.  Super expensive there though, we'll see.  Anyway works been alright, still slow, elder Antropov is starting to get bummed, we've been facing a lot of heartbreakers; he's hanging in there though.  Hard to counsel greenie problems all in Russian, kinda fun though.  It's easy for me to relate to because I'm still going through the same kind of stuff.  General Conference was this week and it was just as great as everyone said.  I sat with my boy for the first sesh and watched in Russian, but after that I was like, peace antropov, papa needs some english.  So I got to see a bunch of sessions in my native tongue and chill with the other missionaries.  General Conference is better than christmas out here, which is pretty sad, but not really.  I really liked Uchtdorf's and Holland's talks. The talks about women were really good, but I fear they will have consequences here. I sometimes feel like I'm already getting bossed around by the sisters.  Now they have permission to do so by general authorities.  Danger.  Funny how it is a break to us to sit and watch church talks for 2 days straight.  Really fun though.  A korean dude I met came and loved it, too bad I gotta pass him along to the international elders, one being my favorite white rapper elda Kelly, that makes it a little more bearable.  Yup so that was this week, really fun, a lot of work, no new investigators.  Mission life is growing on me though.  Life is so easy when you and your comp are on the same page.  Even the crappy times can be alright.  Happiest news I recieved this week is that Amy's tumor has shrunk by a whopping 50%. YEAH.  So glad to hear that.  Always thinking about you and the family Amy, keep pushing.  Not to be cheesy but we are all praying for ya, well I'm probably the only one in Russia who is, but who knows.  Miss all you people in Murrica, send me some love via mail if you have time.  But you know, whatever.      

No comments:

Post a Comment