Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Week: 79
Hey everybody,
This week was... interesting.  Full of good stuff too.  First, africans again are very fun.  We met with boochi who is a recentish convert and he is hillarious.  We were going over the first lesson with him and he stops us when we were talking about Jesus Christ's earthly ministry and says, Hey, you guys heard of this guy named Moses?  What you tink of him?  Then we went on talking about him for a while and then he said, Ok keep going.  Hard to convey the hillarity of that lesson through writing.  Also we got Mnocha, a guy we are trying... to teach in french. (also new member). We tried to talk to him about the Law of Chastity, and he dodges it like a ninja. I think he believes if he doesn't get caught saying what the law of chastity is, he won't have to live it.  Example.  Mnocha, what is the law of chastity? A: It is a principle of Faith. Q: What does that mean? A: It means to respect that commandment. Q: How do we respect that commandment. A: With faith. Q: More concretely dude. A: Follow it.  O dear, he is a special one.  After explaining it painfully bluntly about 7 times we told him to read the pamphlet and he would teach us next time.  haha.  We got to teach russian people this week too, someone's throwing me a bone on that one.  I'm still having a heard time living all my russian bros alone, I keep seeing all my friends from old areas here and its nice but it's also kind of a bummer.  Cool story of the week I will copy from the letter to pres cuz I'm out of time. It's about to get spiritual up in hur.  Awesome story this week. Elder Christensen and I were eating on the third floor of the central building after the family history thing, then this older lady walked in and said hey, I was wondering if I could pray with you guys, I really need to pray. We went and found a place to talk and she explained that she had come into contact with the church a while ago and felt a peace there that she didn't feel other places. We talked about the nature of God and our relationship with him and also the Holy Ghost a little bit, she expressed that she was going through some really hard stuff right now. At first she wanted us to pray, but we told her that it would be a lot better if she offered the prayer. She said what I think was the most sincere prayer I've ever heard. After she closed it we all just kind of sat there in silence for what seemed like a long time, and then she looked up and said that she feels peace. We promised her that it was the Holy Ghost testifying that this is where she needed to be. I tried to commit her to meeting the missionaries again but she said she needed some time to herself to think, so we gave her our number and the sisters from the ward where she used to visit and she promised to call. That's an experience I'm not going to forget, and I realized it wouldn't have happened had I not been transfered to this place. Pretty cool.

Interesting week, there was probably more in there I just can't remember it all.  Anyway, happy thanksgiving people, Thes americans are weirding me out big time, gonna be weird to live there again (america).  Alright later,
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment