Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 87:
Hey everybody,
Good week this week, first monday.  So much stuff.  I'll not go into too much detail but getting Faisal's baptism together was not an easy task.  BUT, we did it and it was absolutely awesome.  It seems like a long time ago that it happened, weird that it was just a week ago.  We took him down to the sauna where we do the baptisms here, and had a nice little meeting.  Going into the water with him I didn't expect it to be freezing cold, but it was.  Haha.  He said it was the first time he was going into water at all, he'd never swam before.  He was so ready though.  I said the words, put him down, pulled him out, and he had tears in his eyes.  I asked him how he felt, and he said in his little indian accent "Awesome".  When we were getting dressed he just kept saying, finally I'm baptized!  Good kid.  My whole mission was already worth it and an amazing experience in itself, but just that one experience made the whole two years totally worth it.  It was one of the best days of my life.  Other than that this week we just spent a lot of time in moscow.  I was staying over with elder gleason and cutler my mtc comp, we had some good times, did a lot of work.  Didn't sleep very much though, chatterboxs they are.  Oh also the police came by for a visit the other night, they just checked our passports and said they would come to church.  They didn't show though.  So yeah, we've got a whole new district here and six weeks to get work done.  Gotta sprint to the finish.  Everyone keeps making jokes about me dying and it's starting to get very very real.  But I'm not sure my organism has realized it yet.  I just got through the days like I usually do.  Sometimes I get hit with a wave of dread that I'm not going to be with me people anymore, that's pretty sad.  Man I love these guys.  However, I am excited to see you guys back in america.  Just not sure how exactly to live there.  Whatever I'll get used to it.  Anyway that was my week, really good one.  You all take it easy, see ya soon.  
Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment