Monday, March 16, 2015

Week: 92
This is really hard to write.  Man, I can't believe they are kicking my butt out of here.  Friends, these past two years have been amazing.  At times they have been awful, but they were amazing.  I have nothing but gratitude and love for my mission, only appreciation.  I'm so lucky to have been able to serve here and do the things I've been able to, most importantly meet the people I've met.  Just fifteen minutes or so ago my friend andrey from moscow called me, he is leaving for his mission in an hour.  That was a sucker punch to the heart.  These people are so good, it's so awesome that I got to be around them for a while and try to serve them as much as I can.  I love my mission so much.  I've spent a good amount of time in the fetal position, but at the end you have nothing but good memories, only happy things.  I guess it's kind of like giving birth, I don't know I've never tried it.  God is so awesome.  This is probably a pretty scattered email, it's hard for me to get my thoughts together right now.  I guess I should go ahead and finish it off her.  It's been quite a doozy everybody, we've laughed, we've cried, we did other stuff, but it's been good.  Yesterday at church I had the opportunity to give a little 12 year old chunky russian boy the priesthood, and watch his face light up when I gave him my ties because he didn't have any.  That's a side note.  Man this is hard to put together.  To avoid sounding crazy I'm going to end here with my testimony.  I know that God lives.  I knew that before my mission but I've come to know it more certainly every single day I've been here.  I know he's looking after every one of us, whether we realize it or not, and he is doing everything that there is to be done so that we can be happy.  He sent his Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins, and it is in and through him that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.  People, God's plan is so great, I've seen it change people 100%, it's definitely changed me big time.  The thing I'm most grateful for in his plan is that we can be with our loved ones forever.  I don't know when or if I'm going to see these friends here again in this life, but I know that I'll see them again.  It's sad but it's happy at the same time.  Anyway, that's all I've got.  I love  you all and thank you so much for your support and your letters and your prayers.  I can't wait to see all you guys. Peace out
(for the last time) Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment